TRĀTEK MONITORING SERVICES 604-820-7754 or 888-850-9691 WWW.TRATEK.CA
COURT ORDERED ELECTRONIC MONITORING
BAIL APPLICATION SUPPORT
• TrāTek Monitoring Services is a division of TrāTek Industries Inc., and we are the authorized Canadian representatives of Securus Monitoring Solutions.
• TraTek, Securus, and all products used in Canada are registered and approved by Industry Canada.
FIRST, WE’D LIKE TO TELL YOU ABOUT WHO SECURUS MONITORING SOLUTIONS IS...
In 2004 Securus Technologies Inc., was founded. It is headquartered in Houston Texas, and employs over 1,000 employees.
Securus Technologies Inc., acquired Satellite Tracking of People LLC., in 2013 and renamed it Securus Monitoring Solutions.
As the inventors and manufacturers of the industry’s first one-piece GPS tracking device the newly named Securus Monitoring Solutions now has 700+ law enforcement and government contracts that are actively operating thousands of monitors in America, plus many more in several other international markets including Canada, making them one of the largest providers of GPS and RF electronic monitoring systems in the world.
AND NOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT TRĀTEK...
WORKING WITH SECURUS WE BOTH PROVIDE and MONITOR BREATH ALCOHOL, plus GPS AND RF ELECTRONIC TRACKING EQUIPMENT THROUGHOUT CANADA.
TrāTek Monitoring Services is a division of TrāTek Industries Inc., (formerly Trace Canada). We are an independent Canadian company and more than twenty-five years ago we were one of the first electronic monitoring services companies in Canada to offer our support to Probation, Law Enforcement, and the Canadian Court System.
We’re driven to provide both the best monitoring services and top of the line equipment in the market today. In addition, all of our services are offered at no cost to the Government or taxpayer as they are user-pay.
Our services can be used in the following situations and more: A pre-trial bail release, home detention or modified home detention including 24/7 house arrest, release from an immigration hold, and conditional peace bonds regarding domestic violence or child abuse. Additionally, our electronic alcohol monitoring service can be used in contested divorce proceedings regarding alcohol abuse when minor children are involved.
To assist both Law Enforcement and Probation Offices we offer the use of a “view only” version of the software we’re presently using through a secure cloud-based website. There is no need to download or to purchase the software as this secure service is supplied at no charge. Numerous reports (including maps) regarding the individual’s activities and curfew compliance during a specified period of time are available to download and print. Courts will have a feeling of comfort knowing that both Probation and/or Law Enforcement will be able to monitor and track all individuals enrolled on our monitoring program 24/7/365 in real time. Presently Probation Offices such as Alberta Probation and Law Enforcement agencies including the O.P.P. are using this service.
Our monitoring center receives all notifications of events regarding violations of the conditions of release for each individual 24/7/365 via both satellite and the cellular network. In less than 60 seconds the monitoring center’s computers will automatically send text messages and/or emails of the violation to all listed contacts.
An alternative option we offer is to have one of our agents at the monitoring center phone a local Law Enforcement non- emergency dispatch center or the individual’s Probation Officer when a violation occurs.
Whatever an individual’s financial situation, we’ll be able to supply both the equipment and the monitoring at a price they can afford. Very often that price is the lowest in Canada.
Our services are available to clients of Criminal, Family, and Immigration Courts throughout Canada.
As stated, with over twenty-five years of experience our monitoring programs are designed to ensure we’re reliably maintaining the conditions a Court has ordered when granting a release of an individual from custody.
A REVIEW OF OUR PROGRAMS HIGHLIGHTS ...
• While historically used much less in Canada than in the United States and Europe, Canadian Courts are using GPS location (tracking) and alcohol monitoring in more situations, particularly in bail cases.
• Monitoring programs are available that allow the defence to propose a bail plan that includes either RF house arrest, GPS location (tracking), and/or alcohol monitoring in cases where without the added risk management value that the monitoring provides, the defendant would likely be denied bail.
• The key components of the program are that the defendant being monitored pays for the program, waives any right to confidentiality, and irrevocably authorizes the monitoring company to share information with law- enforcement authorities.
• TrāTek Monitoring Services (A part of TrāTek Industries Inc.) cooperates fully with law-enforcement authorities, tailoring reporting protocols on a case-by-case basis according to the preferences and instructions of the Courts, and law-enforcement.
• We also provide bail supervisors, probation officers, the Courts, and law enforcement with free access to a secure website where they can actually see the location of the individual being monitored in real time 24/7/365. In addition, users can also make use of available, and free of charge compliance reports, irregular activity reports, surveillance assistance, and crime-scene correlation information.
• Our monitoring program allows Courts to consider monitoring plans that are tailored to the circumstances of each case, without being dependent on whether a government monitoring program is available, or not.
• In Ontario for example, no government-monitoring program is available for use in bail cases. When a court determines that an individual’s bail plan with monitoring meets the legal tests for being released on bail instead of being held in pre-trial custody, the savings to the public in incarceration costs are substantial.
• Defence and/or bail lawyers should use our electronic monitoring program as a tool that can assist their clients, and crown council will find the use of the program a valid tool to assist the Court as well.
• We are driven to provide both the best monitoring services, and the best equipment available today.
• Our national monitoring centre is satellite based, and is using a proprietary databased software management platform. With this and Google maps, law enforcement and probation will be able to see each individual in real time.
• Examples of applications are; All releases that require home detention or modified home detention including 24/7 house arrest, a pre-trial bail release, a release from immigration hold, or a conditional peace bond regarding domestic violence or child abuse, etc.
• Examples of service areas; Remand and Pre-Trial Centres, Probation Offices, Bail Bond Offices (in the U.S.), and Residential Recovery Centers for both drug and alcohol addictions. We also serve Family Courts, CBSA Immigration Hearings, and Criminal Courts throughout Canada.
• Whatever your client’s situation is, we’ll be able to supply both the equipment and the monitoring at no cost to the Government, or taxpayer.
• Our monitoring program’s monthly costs are adjusted for every client’s financial situation, making it affordable for everybody. If your client chooses our monitoring program, they’ll be paying the lowest monthly payments in Canada.